Connection


“It’s exactly like invisible white water rapids,” he said to me, standing by the door about to exit.  He was talking to me about the turbulence that planes experience in the air.  I was fortunate enough to have been visited by a pilot this weekend for a one on one session in Atlanta Georgia.  Obviously I ended up confessing my resistance to flying in airplanes. 

We ended up laughing while arguing back and forth about it.  Him making the case that airplanes are liberating and safe.  And me making the case that airplanes are essentially a metal death trap of no return. Now, from far up in the sky, the turbulence tosses the plane this way and that.  And I feel better somehow.  “It’s all water when you think of it, whether it’s in a river or in the sky as a cloud and it behaves the same way” he said.  Now, my body feels the memory of being in a raft in the rapids of a river, going up and down and being turned slightly sideways and being pushed into eddies.

 It’s exactly what it feels like being in a plane in the turbulence caused by weather patterns.  It’s so damn awesome how the exposure to a different perspective can cause a dramatic shift in our life experience.  I think this is what I love the most about my “job”.  I love offering a perspective that un-winds the knots in people’s lives.  This is also what I love the most about going out of body.  There are times when the perspective you are introduced to out of body, changes your entire viewpoint on life.  And life can never be experienced or lived the same after that.
0 Komentar untuk : Connection

.